BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
About The Course
The Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science of Tagum Doctors College, Inc. aims to provide students an in-depth training on various laboratory procedures and analyses geared toward the understanding and appreciation of medical technology practice and sound laboratory management that are focused on the needs and concerns of patients, other members of the health-care team, and the society. The program also provides a good foundation for medicine and other health-related careers
The Department upholds its commitment to continuously aspire for academic excellence and to the attainment of the highest moral integrity and global competitiveness in the various areas of laboratory medicine.
The Department envision itself to be an interdisciplinary community of highly adept and committed medical technology faculty members engaged in giving quality education that will make the students technologically skillful and competitive in the practice of laboratory medicine.
The graduates have the ability to:
1. Demonstrate technical competence in the performance of clinical laboratory tests in aid of diagnosis, treatment and management of diseases vis-à-vis biosafety and waste management.
2. Demonstrate critical thinking skills in the workplace.
3. Contribute in the collection, analysis and projection of health information for improving the health care management system.
4. Perform a comprehensive and thorough knowledge on patient-centered pharmaceutical care practice.
5. Demonstrate inter-personal skills, leadership qualities and ethnical practice of the profession.
6. Demonstrate research skills in relevant areas of Medical Technology/Medical Laboratory Science practice.
7. Engage in community-oriented activities
8. Demonstrate effective communication skills
MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
About The Internship Program
The Medical Laboratory Science Internship Training Program is the fourth year level of the Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science program. It is an intensive practical and theoretical training in the different sections in the clinical laboratory namely, Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Immunohematology (Blood Banking), Immunology, Serology, Microbiology, Urinalysis and Other Body Fluids (Clinical Microscopy), Parasitology, Histopathology/Cytology, and other emergent technologies. It also emphasizes the development of proper value system.
The Department upholds its commitment to continuously aspire for academic excellence and to the attainment of the The Medical Laboratory Science Internship Training Program will be a global academic enterprise, recognized not only in the Philippines, but throughout the world. It will be the standard by which schools measure their performance in terms of Medical Laboratory Science internship training of students. Its hallmarks will be competence, teamwork, and initiative of the students and their ability to respond to patient needs in a health care delivery system.
The mission of the Medical Laboratory Science Internship Program is to provide quality training of Medical Laboratory Science students and help them become humane and competent Medical Laboratory Scientists who are globally competitive and committed to serve the health needs of the global community.
The program aims to:
1. Enhance the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for a member of the health care delivery team who with precision and accuracy performs the clinical laboratory procedures needed to help the physician in the proper diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases;
2. Develop among students a well-rounded personality with a healthy outlook and oriented towards intelligent, ethical, and active participation in professional as well as community welfare activities;
3. Develop critical thinking skills that will enable them to participate in research endeavors/activities and respond to challenges of the profession;
4. Develop humane and competent Medical Laboratory Scientists who are globally competitive and committed to serve the health needs of patients in both local and international communities.